Archive for the ‘Goats Milk’ Category
We are currently the only licensed cheesemaker in Washington County. We make several flavors of chevre as well as Feta and some fruit cheeses.
Cheeses available at: Winter Harbor Farmer’s Market, Milbridge Farmer’s Market, Southwest Harbor Farmer’s Market, and on-farm.
goat cheeese and milk
Using the milk from our herd of 65 dairy goats, we make many different kinds of fresh and aged cheeses. We also sell raw and pasteurized bottled milk.
Sunset Acre’s cheese available from:
- John Edwards Health Food Store, Ellsworth
- Sawyer’s Market , Southwest Harbor
- Pine Tree Market, Northeast Harbor
- Tradewinds, Blue Hill
- Belfast Coop, Belfast
- Morning Glory, Brunswick
- Provisions Store, Brunswick
- Royal river Health Food Store, Yarmouth
- Whole Foods, Portland
- K. Horton Specialty Foods, Portland
- Rosemont Makets, Portland and Yarmouth
Porducts sold: retail, wholesale, on premises, farmers markets, mail order
202 Partridge Cove Rd.
Lamoine, ME 04605
goat cheese, fresh and aged
Our high producing herd of 125 goats is our foundation. We have been making and selling cheese since 1980. Our commitment to producing the highest quality milk, an element in superior cheeses, continues.
Available at the farm and mail order and at select stores throughout the northeast including Hannaford and Wild Oats Whole Foods.
Organically Managed Nigerian Dairy Goats
Yogurt — plain & flavored (year-round)
Fudge, Ice Cream & Chevre (seasonally)
Painted Pepper Farm, a saltwater family farm nestled in a downeast coastal woodland, produces a delicious goat’s milk yogurt year-round exclusively from our organically managed herd of Nigerian dairy goats. Other dairy delights — fudge, ice cream & chevre — are available seasonally.
Our dairy delights are available retail, wholesale and by mail order.
WHERE TO FIND Painted Pepper Farm Yogurt & Other Dairy Delights:
- Belfast Coop, Belfast
- Blue Hill Coop, Blue Hill
- John Edwards Natural Market, Ellsworth
- Manos Market, Hancock
- Bar Harbor Farmers’ Market — 5/14 to 10/28, Sundays 9am to 12pm in YWCA parking lot
- Common Ground Fair — 9/22 to 9/24, 9am to 6pm, Unity
- European Market — open year round, Saturdays 9am to 1pm — look for us there from November though June! — located on Buck Street at the Sunnyside Greenhouses, Bangor
- Northeast Harbor Farmers’ Market — 7/6 to 8/31, Thursdays 9am to 12pm
- Stonington Farmers’ Market — 7/7 to 9/1, Fridays 10am to 12pm
- Winter Harbor Farmers’ Market — 6/27 to 8/29, Tuesdays 9am to 12pm in the Mama Boy’s restaurant parking lot
John and Mary Belding, Cheesemakers
250 Walker Mills Road
Harrison, ME 04040
RIFFLE : 100 % organic (MOFGA certified)
Aged, raw milk goat cheese, made from the milk of our hand milked herd, farmstead animal rennet & whey culture.
Available at: Common Ground Country Fair Farmers’ Market
Anne & Joel Tripp
238 Flag Pond Road
Saco, ME 04072-9636
fresh and aged goat cheese
Liberty Fields Farm premiered their goat cheese in 2005 in a new state licensed facility on their 10 acre family operated farm. Small batches of cheese from their herd of 12 Saanen and Nubian goats are produced daily and include various flavors of fresh chevre as well as feta, marinated buttons in olive oil, and Saco Bay Dusk and Saco Bay Mist, a bloomy rind with or without an ash coating. Also cows milk yogurt.
- Kennebunk Farmers Market 8am-1pm Saturdays from May -October
- Retail stores:
- HB Provisions, Lower Village Kennebunk, Me
- Shady Brook Farm stand, West Loop Rd, Biddeford, Me
- The Cheese Iron, Route One, Scarborough, Me
- On-farm sales by appointment
Jean and Peter Koons
795 Pond Road
Sidney, ME 04330
(207) 547 4171
cow cheese and yogurt, goat cheese and yoghurt
Kennebec cheeses reflect the mix of cheese makers, Kiwi and Yank, bringing pastoral skills and recipes from New Zealand back to the family farm in Sidney, Maine.
We handcraft small batches of cheese and yoghurt from Alpine goat and organic Jersey cows’ milk. The goats are raised on pasture and GMO-free grain here on Koons Farm and Willie raises his cows on nearby Woodside Farm.
Our products include: Chevre Cobbles, Plain or rolled in Herbes de Provence, Cracked Pepper or Dill, Chevre Cobbles in olive oil with either sulphur-free Sundried Tomato and Chili Pepper; Basil, Garlic and Pine nuts; Rosemary, garlic and peppercorns; or Herbes de Provence; and a fresh goat Feta. Our Yoghurts, (goat, cow- full cream or low cream) are pure plain milk with live yoghurt culture. On their own, with maple syrup, or with your own berries, they are delicious.
Coming soon is our New Zealand recipe, mold-ripened Messalonskee cows’ milk brie and Snow Pond goats’ milk brie.
Kennebec Cheesery products are available from:
- Waterville Farmers Market, Thursday 2-6pm May-Dec
- Skowhegan Farmers Market, Saturday 9am-1pm May-Dec
- Augusta Mill Farmers Market, Tuesday 2-6pm May-Nov
- Barrels Community Market, Waterville
- Uncle Dean’s Good Groceries, Waterville
- Spice of Life health food store, Skowhegan
- Riverside Market and Cafe, Oakland
- Lakeside Orchards, Manchester
- We do on-site sales as well
Goat milk chevre, feta, ricotta, camembert and APRIL MOON-a semi hard cheese. We are a small goat dairy offering goat milk, goat meat, yogurt and a variety of cheeses. Our animals enjoy access to 200 acres and our cheese is made fresh daily. Stop by 10-4 DAILY.
- On Site
Garden Lore – On the banks of Tannery Brook
40 Blueberry Lane
Mariaville, ME. 04605
207-537-LORE (5673) or 3365
Cage-free eggs, Homemade Goat’s Milk Cheeses, Soap, and Kids
Garden Lore grew out of the necessity to help pay for a 4-H goat project. We sell homemade chevre in many flavors, ricotta, mozzarella, and also a basic vinegar goat cheese which is preferred by some. Milk is available upon request and we also carry goat’s milk soap and usually have spring kids for sale. If you have a favorite flavor chevre, let us know and we will make it special for you.
Garden Lore products are available from:
- We take orders over the phone or by email;
- Blue Hill Farmer’s Market;
- Brewer’s Farmer’s Market;
- Blue Hill Food Co-op;
- Fall’s Foodmart in Ellsworth Falls
We can also accommodate wholesale customers with advance request.